I teach in the both the Geography and Geology and Physical Geography Degree programs at the University of Edinburgh School of GeoSciences. I also supervise MSc students in the GIS and Earth Observation and Geoinformation Management MSc programmes.
My teaching involves introductory physical geology and geography, mathematics and programming for geoscientists, gemorphology, and field teaching.
- I have some python notebooks that might be useful for learning geospatial analysis: Simon’s teaching notebooks
Media and press clippings
I’ve had some research coverage in the press, as well as discussions about other people’s research. Below are a few links to various articles, videos, and podcasts.
Coverage of marsh work
- A 1 minute video about salt marhes
- An article about salt marsh carbon
- Another article about salt marsh carbon
- A comment on a recent paper
- A podcast on a salt marsh study (starts at 00:46)